The Sunshine Bloggers Award



Yesterday, I was nominated for the Sunshine Bloggers Award by an amazing and creative blogger, Diana (aka @thislifeasD).  Her blog is one of my favorites and I genuinely want those who read this post to check out her blog here thislifeasd.home.blog.

I am genuinely grateful to Diana as I have never thought something like this could ever happen to me.  Being nominated not only is validation that I may possess the ability to touch people's lives with my writing, but it is a confirmation that I am growing out of my shell as well (as I will explain later).  My blog isn't flashy, as it usually has no pictures, and probably holds some grammatical errors... but this blog is a doorway into my deepest inner thoughts, and that rawness makes it mine.  It essentially represents a side of me that others have never seen, and I am honored to share that with those who follow Transcending Thoughts.

The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award that recognizes blogs within the writing community that provide positivity and inspiration to those who read them.  Therefore, without further ado, I present my nominees Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram names with links to their amazing blog homepages:

1.  @Okamiandco (Twitter)
2. @RachaelAMcGuire (Twitter)
3. @Euniceleong (Twitter)
4. @stellar.wellness (Instagram)
5. @she30x (Twitter)
6. @learn2befree (Twitter)
7. @Thrivewithjanie (Facebook)
8. @larp_lady (Twitter)
9. @withlovethelms (Twitter)
10. @Belkassih (Twitter)
11. @oliviaandjae (Twitter)

Each of these blogs has influenced me personally in my life in different ways, and I am grateful I found their blogs. 

To those nominated, the rules are as follows:
1.  Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog.

2.  Answer the 11 questions posed to you by the individual who nominated you.

3.  Nominate 11 other bloggers you feel worthy of the award and ask them 11 new questions (please see the end of my blog for your questions)

4. Notify the nominees about their nomination through social media or their blog

5. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post


Questions posed by Diana (@thislifeasD) that I had way too much fun answering:

What inspired you to start blogging?

I have been writing since I was a child.  Born into imagination and wrapped in loneliness, I had trouble connecting to those around me, but I found comfort, strength, and an irreplaceable friend in writing.  I had never posted my writings before, as I had always kept them to myself for fear of judgement from others.  I began this blog not only to inspire myself to continue my passion for writing, but more importantly, with the goal of inspiring others through my life lessons.  By creating Transcending Thoughts, I expose the deepest part of myself that I wouldn't necessarily tell others, unless I felt that it would help them.  There is a big world out there, and I know that many of the feelings and emotions that I have experienced in my life will resonate with others.  It is also my hope that others will be inspired to embrace the good, the bad, and the ugly about themselves, and continue to move forward with their self growth processes.  What began as a way for me to express my genuine self through raw and honest writing, transformed into a way that I can help others in a positive manner, and will ultimately become my life long career.

Which post would you like more people to read?

I would love for readers to begin at my first blog post entitled, "Energy and Thoughts" as they make their way to reading my other writings.  This piece not only is personal to me, but it sets the theme for my blog.  Essentially, all the posts on Transcending Thoughts revert back to this entry, because it is about directing your energy to achieve a shift in your perspective.  I have linked the post so that you may read it to better understand my other writings.

Who is your favorite singer?

Simon and Garfunkel is my favorite group that has left a lasting impact on how I viewed the world and music.  Both singers have unique voices that are not only pleasant to the ear but leave an otherworldly sound with their composition originality.  The messages from their songs are the main reason I enjoy them as artists.  Their classics like "Sounds of Silence," "Bridge Over Troubled Waters,"  and "Scarborough Fair" are a few of my favorite songs, each with their own beautiful message for those who listen. 

Who is your personal hero/why?

The People's Princess, HRH Princess Diana will always be my hero.  A woman who knew nothing about selfishness and ultimately gave everything she had to provide hope to those who needed it.  She inspired me to always be a kind human being while staying true to myself, a message I wouldn't understand until I was older.  Although a shy woman, I could see how much light existed within her, and I knew she was a beautiful soul.  Her words, "Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can," are some of the many words that I live by, as I too believe in giving back and helping others. 

Name one book that left a mark on you.

When I read Harper Lee's novel, "To Kill A Mockingbird," I was in Fourth Grade at a private Catholic School.  To put it simply, racism was not a topic of discussion, and it was also not discussed at home.  This novel opened my eyes to how unfair and cruel the world can be to those who are innocent and viewed as "different."  Understanding how Atticus Finch fought to prove that the man accused of a crime was innocent, and how he proved it showed me that I, too, can advocate for those who deserve a chance.  It showed me how ignorant and close minded people can be towards others of a different race, because I always believed that it is important to see the good in others contrary to what others may believe.  This was a wake up call for me, as I had never experienced or seen racism at that young age, or perhaps I saw it and did not understand what it was until I read "To Kill A Mockingbird."  I remember reading that it is now a part of the "banned" list, along with many other of my favorites, due to the use of racial slurs.  I personally find that to be quite unfortunate as it shed light on America's ugliest times in history. 

Who was your favorite Disney character growing up?

Disney consists of many great characters and princesses, however, my favorite has always been Mulan.   When Mulan wiped away her makeup, I admired her ability to ask herself, "When will my reflection show who I am inside?"  A proverb reads, "The Japanese say we have three faces.  The first face you show the world.  The second face you show your close family and friends.  The third face you never show anyone.  It is the truest reflection of who you are."  Like Mulan, I covered my face with makeup, but when I took it off, I did not recognize my reflection.   I could only see the "me" I had to show society and my family.  From this, I began asking, "Who am I really?"     

Besides blogging, do you have a different job?  

No, I had a high paying job in New York City that I enjoyed, but never felt fulfilled personally.  I ultimately left my job to dedicate my life to writing my blog and making this passion my career.
I wrote a blog post about my desire to chase after my dreams that can be viewed here.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? 

I would travel to Moscow, Russia to see where I was born and to learn more about myself.

Who would you go to dinner with (dead or alive) and why?

I never met my biological family in person and therefore I would choose to meet with my biological father.  He had already passed away when I was young and is a large part of who I am.  I had always been curious about my family's history.  But more importantly, I want to know where certain aspects of myself can be seen in my biological family. 

What's your all-time favorite memory?

When I was younger, my adoptive Grandfather and I would travel on the weekends to the Mohawnk Mountain House near New Paltz, New York.  He was a farmer, a horticulturist, and a man who respected nature immensely.  We would hike trails and he would talk about each of the trees that was around me, telling me stories about them, and how we as human beings need nature and should always be connected to it.  These little lessons proved to be invaluable as I grew older. 

If you could have any superpower what would it be?

I would love to time travel.  Through time traveling, I would be able to gain intimate wisdom from those from different time periods, and therefore, I would be able to understand and help others in our current time more.  I could also try to debunk many conspiracy theories!


To the amazing bloggers that I have nominated, I pose these 11 questions:

1. What are some of your favorite things to write about on your blog?
2. What was your favorite tv show growing up?
3. In the morning, Coffee or Tea?
4. What are some of your favorite places to visit? Why?
5. What is your favorite genre of music?
6. What would your dream job be? Why?
7. Which time period would you want to live in?
8. What is your favorite blog post from those you have written?
9. Would you rather write in nature or indoors?
10. If you could be an animal, which one would you want to be? Why?
11. What is your advise for new bloggers?

I look forward to reading your answers and once again congratulations on being nominated!

To everyone who has supported this blog, I am genuinely grateful that you have all accompanied me on my journey of self discovery.  None of this would have been possible without you.  Thank you so much.

Comments

  1. I can't believe how much we have in common! I love Princess Diana and Mulan too! They're my heroes. And To Kill A Muckingbird is one of the few books that have left a mark on me as well!
    I enjoyed reading your answers and I'm glad you had fun! I love your blog, because I love how real and honest you are. Keep the good work❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a great post!! My favourite thing to
    Blog about is self care and motivation! I too love Princess Diana and my favourite book is ‘If The Spirit Moves you’ My favourite job would be as a journalist, animal would be a bird. Advice for new bloggers: be you and write from the heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confronting Fears To Keep Moving Forward

I Am A Writer. And I Chose This Struggle.

How Do You Determine Your Self-Worth?