I Am A Writer. And I Chose This Struggle.

Struggles come in many different forms and guide us in many different directions. For those of you reading along with my thoughts, you can see I have many internal and external struggles.  Yet, they have all pushed me closer to one realization, that I am a writer... a person who speaks their mind through the written word rather than a spoken word... and a person who is never afraid to take the unconventional route.  It does not matter to me that many won't understand why.  All they need to know is that it's my choice. 
Struggles and the creative process are close friends.  Why you ask? Because the greatest artists, writers, and musicians all had some life-changing struggle that allowed their curiosity and creativity to blossom.  Through these struggles, they grew more as an artist, but more so as a person.  When you experience things, you gain wisdom that allows you to view the world under a different microscope.  Although there may be others that share a similar viewpoint to you, you add your own unique twist on what they have seen. 
I believe that when you grow complacent with what is going on around you, that is the time to make a change.  In this case, I decided to pursue my love of writing and helping others through my writing. I left my mundane life behind and chose a life of constant adventure and creative purpose.  My writing comes first as it is such an important piece of my life.  While I apply to other jobs, I focus the majority of my attention on my voice within my pieces.  
Only when you find what you want to dedicate your life to can you understand the steps necessary to go after it.  Not everyone is a 9-5 corporate worker kind of person. Some of us are about the power we feel typing words into stories or the peace we feel letting our hand gently guide a brush on a canvas, or maybe we feel the inspiration from certain beats or words that compel us to write a song...
Life does not need to be lived within the confines of what society wants.  I personally think it's more important to break away and find yourself among the noise and norms that make everyone else so similar.  Dar to be different.  Dare to struggle.  Dare to embrace the dream and turn it into a reality.  That's what life is about.

Comments

  1. I agree with what you've written and have come to many of the same conclusions myself. Struggles are ultimately what shape our personalities and, when we're willing to confront what we fear, the hard work and suffering we endure makes us much stronger than we would otherwise be.

    So many people become aware of an internal, almost irrepressible drive to be something other than what society deems to be "appropriate", "safe" or "normal". and choose to instead to fight against their true nature, but no matter how one may rationalize one's way out of it, one will suffer for it. We do indeed have a choice to follow our nature or to ignore it, but if we dismiss our inner drives, more intense and long-term suffering surely follows; it's not a demon that one can outrun.

    I takes true courage to be different, to be yourself; but the pain is worth it. Without pain, there is no growth and without growth, life is but one day after another. Until you die. Be different, encourage others to be different, and live.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's actually funny, you summed up what I was trying to say in this post! Without struggle, there is no growth. The thing about struggles is that they come in many forms, you have to see which struggles are worth it! I've asked myself, How badly do I really want this? There is a difference in a response that says a thought versus a feeling. When you feel ever fiber of your being answer for you, that's how you know to go after it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confronting Fears To Keep Moving Forward

How Do You Determine Your Self-Worth?