Muse In Creativity



Whoever says writing is easy is a liar.  Writing isn't as easy as it seems, but I guess it's a good thing that I am not afraid of challenges, right?  Writing as challenging as it is is cathartic and a great method to vent and express myself.  I'm choosing to live in silence once again, so in short, all I have is written words.  Or so I thought.  Reverting to be a person that stays in the background instead of babbles in the light was an easy decision for me.  I thought that writing would be easier because I am thinking more than word vomiting.  Well, I was wrong.  I still have writer's block.  I just embrace it as a part of the process. I wanted more variety to who I am as a person.  I know I'm a writer, but what else am I? Being a writer means that you have a logical gene and also a creative gene.  I thought, "I creative so what else can I do?"  Here are some of the other methods I have embraced in my period of absence from writing.


Drawing 

I used to draw back when I was about 13 years old.  I always doodled and admired others who had a natural talent to be able to draw.  But when I tried to draw like them, I saw that perhaps there was potential.  I practiced and practiced and began being able to draw more realistically or anime drawings.  Drawing and painting are also a challenge.  Through practicing, drawing allows you to also express your creative mindset.
It's lips and a face with closed eyes. I also tried to draw some hair.

It's an eye!


 I enjoy moments in downtime where I can learn new things! Such as shading and how to draw realistically.



Photography
Where does this path lead to? Where will this journey take you?
A picture says a thousand words.  I always loved writing prompts that contained a photo.  I found it so easy for my imagination to create a story based on the picture that was in front of me.  On the other hand, I also love taking unique pictures that are mysterious and often leave the individual wondering what is actually happening in the photo!  Photography is a powerful way to make statements without using words or sound.  Instead, your eyes are the most important factor.  The lens is your voice.


What about these branches? What's their story? Why are we looking from this view?
Who is seeing this view?
What is this hand? What happened here? Is it a dead body? 
Or is it someone coaxing you to come into the bushes? 
What lies in store? What happens next?

Journaling 


Do you know what's going on here? I do.
Another thing I do when nothing comes to me is to draw abstractly in my journal.  I draw by my emotions and I let them run rampant.  Some pages are more detailed where others are a simple page of me trying to draw wooden planks.  It's a great way to reset your mind and just write small things about your feelings and your day.  Maybe you will feel inspired when you flip back to those pages to write something or to take initiative in your life to go to another direction.


Can you see the chaos?










 These are a few of my journal entries.  They vary from drawings to just words on a page. 

Does this look like wood?
I'm unsure.

Periscope or Youtube 

Another thing I love to do is to scroll on Youtube and see what's new. I watch everything from game play through videos to funny videos to listening to new styles of music.  I even decided to work on a project that I will be eventually uploading to Youtube.  Many may not understand the concept of the project, but that's kind of the point!
I also have a live stream app called Periscope where I go and watch others live broadcasts.  I also use it to engage with people or just to show how I'm drawing! It's nice to be able to let loose through these types of apps.  It's like having conversations with others without leaving your house! You connect with so many people with the touch of a button. I love it!

Music

Music has the power to transport us to different worlds or dimensions even.  Something I always like to do when I have a block is to center myself with ambiance music of some sort.  Either this or I look up Lofi or Medieval music.  I close my eyes and I see where my mind takes me and I let this play out in my mind like a film.  Music and our creative mind work in sync and often inspire us to create something.  Whether it's ideas for writing, drawing, photography, film, or perhaps an idea for a series!

Twitter/Wattpad

I am a part of the amazing #WritingCommunity on Twitter! I often engage in #vss365 or in #BraveWrites.  There are many writing prompts that float around daily, but I usually like to create my own.  These writings are a great way for me to still be creative and work through the block!
I also write on wattpad.  I have a few collections of stories that I am currently working on.  Each of them are unique in their own way and they all vary in genres.  This way, I am working in all different types of mind sets.  So be sure to expand your genres.

What if none of these work?

If none of these outlets work for you, then I recommend long walks in nature.  Take in your surroundings.. the sounds, the view, the beauty... and ask yourself "what am I feeling?"  Surely, there will be something you can write about right?  Sometimes all you need is a change of scenery.




I made this blog post different from what I usually do.  I think it's a nice change.  Either way, creativity exists all around us.  Sometimes, we just have to be willing to try new ideas to get started.

Enjoy!

You can follow me on Twitter: @antisocialkx_x
See what I've been working on wattpad here: https://www.wattpad.com/KaterinaSalsano

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confronting Fears To Keep Moving Forward

I Am A Writer. And I Chose This Struggle.

How Do You Determine Your Self-Worth?